The Accelerated Learning Handbook
The book has a list of "successes" which consist of first-time introductions to companies (potential Hawthorne effect). their current list of successes is the same list as in the book and does not have any hint of social science behind their claims.
Accelerated learning tends to be: flexible, joyful, multi-pathed, ends-centered, collaborative, humanistic, multi-sensory, nurturing, activity-centered, mental/emotional/physical, results-based
targeting different learning modalities without mentioning them directly... bad for a book published in 2000
- Learning involves the whole mind and body
- Learning is creation, not consumption
- Collaboration aids learning
- Learning takes place on many levels simultaneously
- Learning comes from doing the work itself
- Positive emotions greatly improve learning
- The image brain absorbs information instantly and automatically
Learning is optimized when all four SAVI (somatic, auditory, visual, intellectual) components are present in a single learning event.
if you build it, they will sleep; if they build it, they will learn.